Avocado deviled eggs are an easy, tasty variation of the classic recipe. Just load hard boiled eggs with avocado, red onion, lime juice and cilantro. If two of my best recipes, Guacamole and Deviled Eggs had a baby, this would be it!Deviled eggs are the perfect healthy appetizer and snack recipe, but sometimes you want to switch things up. And you’ve seen me do this before with eggs and avocado (I love those two together). For instance, I took my classic Egg Salad recipe and made Avocado Egg Salad. And today I’m taking my reader favorite deviled eggs recipe and adding avocado for a guacamole inspired deviled egg. Easy, delicious and a vibrant green.
There’s just a handful of wholesome ingredients in this recipe. Here’s what’s in them:
- Hard Boiled Eggs: boil perfect hard boiled eggs for a firm white and solid yolk.
- Avocado: ripe avocado adds natural creaminess.
- Lime Juice: you could use lemon juice as well, but I prefer lime juice in this recipe.
- Red Onion: I love the bright pop of contrasting color from red onions.
- Cilantro: my favorite herb gives it that guacamole-like flavor.
- Garlic Powder: use garlic powder for a mellow garlic flavor, or minced garlic for a stronger flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: always gotta season with salt and pepper.